The Procurement Academy prides itself on customer service and this policy has been produced to advise how we handle your personal information providing clarity on what information we hold, how we use it, and how we protect it.
When do we collect information
If you contact us via telephone, e-mail, website, social media as an individual or employer we will collect and retain this information about you. The type of information we collect depends on the nature of your interactions with us. The information we collect is detailed within our data information audit sheet. This is available on request.
If you submit details on behalf of any other person it is important to ensure you have their permission to do so.
How do we use your information
We use the information about you:-
As an applicant or learner
• to enable us to create an electronic and paper record of your application
• to enable your application to be processed
• to enrol you on our learning programmes
• to communicate with you during and after your programme about progression opportunities
• to meet the eligibility and funding requirements of our Funders
• to pass onto Awarding Bodies, learning platform providers, subcontractors
• to pass onto potential employer if applying for our Future Talent programme
• to enable us to compile statistics, or to assist other organisations to do so, provided that no statistical information that would identify you as an individual will be published. The information will be kept securely, and will be kept no longer than necessary.
As an employer
• to enable us to create an electronic record of your enquiry so that it may be dealt with effectively
• to advertise vacancy details, draw up proposals, contracts and agreements
• to communicate with you during and after your employees/learners programme regarding your employees progress, progression opportunities, gaining feedback on the quality of our training/services, to send out and collect payments
• to offer you similar or complimentary services that will benefit your business - helping it to prosper and grow
• to meet the eligibility and funding requirements of our Funders
• to enable us to compile statistics, or to assist other organisations to do so, provided that no statistical information that would identify you as an individual will be published. The information will be kept securely, and will be kept no longer than necessary
In providing information when you sign up to our services and in the course of provision of the services to you and by accepting the provision of our services, you give specific and informed consent to The Procurement Academy and its related companies to use such information as required.
Who we share information with
We may share information with third party suppliers that provide us with services in connection with our business and the provision of our services to you. This will include our learning platform providers, subcontractors, Awarding Bodies, IT hosting and service providers.
We need to provide our funders, such as the Education and Skills Funding Agency with information to ensure eligibility and compliance. We may also disclose information to regulatory bodies, and government agencies such as Ofsted where we believe doing so should be permitted or required by law, regulation, or legal process.
We do not sell information to third parties so that they can independently market their own products or services directly to you.
Our contractors are obliged to keep your details securely, and use them only to fulfil the service they provide to you on our behalf.
Marketing and your choices
Collecting your data helps us to understand what products and services are of interest to you, enabling us to deliver an improved offering and customer experience.
We may use your data for: our internal records; to contact you in response to a specific enquiry; to customise our website experience for you; to send you promotional e-mails that we think may be relevant to you; to send out surveys to obtain feedback to improve our products and services.
If you no longer want to receive marketing communications from us, you can opt out or unsubscribe by emailing our data controller at email@example.com
Certain parts of our website use 'cookies' to keep track of your visit. This collects standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We use this information to help improve our functionality and services, track visitor movements, and analyse trends.
How we protect and store your information
We maintain suitable administrative, technical, and physical security measures to protect your information from unauthorised access and use. The Procurement Academy will process the data you provide in a manner that is compatible with the EU's General Data protection Regulation (GDPR).
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible. We use regular Malware Scanning.
Data held by The Procurement Academy, and its related companies will not be transferred outside the European Economic Area.
In some instances, the law and our funders sets out the length of time information has to be kept. Where The Procurement Academy has discretion, we will ensure we do not keep records outside of our normal business requirements and legitimate interests.
You have certain rights in respect of the personal information that we hold about you, including
• The right to ask us not to process your information for marketing purposes
• The right to request access to the information that we hold about you
• The right to request that we correct or rectify any information that we hold about you which is out of date or incorrect
• In certain circumstances, the right to ask us to stop using information about you
You have additional rights in respect of this information that we hold about you from 25th May 2018
• The right to withdraw consent for us to process or keep your personal details
• The right to object to us using your data
• The right to ask us to limit or cease processing your data
Please note however that this may prevent us from providing our training and services to you.
If you wish to withdraw your consent, object to how we use your data, ask us to delete or restrict how we use it please contact our Data Protection Officer on the details below. We may ask you to provide additional information in order to process your request (such as confirmation of identity).
We may need to retain certain information for record keeping, to complete any transactions you began before your request, or for purposes as permitted by law or regulation.
If we cannot resolve your concern and you would like to make a formal complaint, you can contact the Information Commissioner's office (ICO) as the UK's supervisory authority for information rights.
The Procurement Academy whose Companies House number: 10617477 is the data controller of the personal information we collect about you on this website, and from application forms. Such personal information is dedicated to The Procurement Academy will be collected, processed and stored in accordance with GDPR.
Data Protection Officer
The Procurement Academy has a "data protection officer" who is responsible for matters relating to privacy and data protection.