Two-minute guide to Category Management and its benefits
Wednesday 21st February 2018
What is Category Management?
In a nutshell Category Management is the consolidation of different agreements into a single streamline and efficient contract. The Category part is a grouping if items or services available from the same or a similar supplier base.
The Management side is to own these areas and ensure the business can monopolise on the best available savings.
The benefits to the business.
• Expected savings of between 10-30% upon delivery.
• Development capability across supply base, especially strategic suppliers.
• Shift from a reactive function to a proactive function.
• Improvements cross functionally in quality, cost savings, sales forecasts and service levels.
• Excellent reputation from customers i.e. on-time delivery.
• Reduces risk in the supply chain.
• High payback ratio.
The Procurement Academy offers a 2-day course in Category Management to bring any procurement professional up-to-speed.
Call 0113 4333495 or email email@example.com to find out more information.